When it comes to kid’s ride on cars, the options can be overwhelming. So, what are the top reasons to buy a 24V ride on car? Here are four great reasons:
1) They’re safe – With features like horns, brakes and seat belts, 24V ride on cars are much safer than traditional bikes or scooters.
2) They’re durable – These cars can handle even the harshest of terrain, making them perfect for outdoor fun.
3) They’re educational – These cars help kids learn about gears, engines and other car mechanics.
4) They’re fun! – With speeds up to 7 mph and room for two kids, these cars provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages.
What Do 12V And 24V Mean?
The ‘V’ in 12V and 24V stands for ‘volts’ – a unit to measure electrical power and refers to the power needed to run the car’s motor.
The concept is simple: the higher the number of volts, the more powerful the car. Cars with higher voltages will be faster and have a greater ability to cope with rough surfaces.
12V Kids Car
This type of car motor is a great option for parents who want their kids to run at a speed of 3-5 mph.
Let’s explore the advantages and disadvantages of this car.
A 12v Electric Kids Car is great for the following scenarios:
- It works better outdoors
- Can ride well on tarmac, grass, and gravel surfaces
- Perfectly suited for kids aged 3-6
A 12v Electric Kids Car has the following:
- It still requires a relatively level surface for best performance
- Draws twice the current than what a 24v motor uses
- Not adapted for steep drives
24V Kids Car
These models are faster, giving the child more thrill when driving. And here is how it differs from 12V cars:
Here are the benefits of getting a 24v Electric Kids Car:
- It can tackle any type of terrain
- Perfectly suited for kids aged over 6
- Prolonged battery life compared to 12v cars
- 24v voltage system will allow up to 4 hours of nonstop fun
Here are the limitations of a 24v Electric Kids Car:
- Caution must be observed if the child riding is under 6 years
- 24v power rides are suitable for kids that are more experienced in riding toy cars
Also Read: Benefits of Ride on Cars for Kids
Points to Consider
Of course, aside from the characteristics of each motor model, there are other things that parents must take into account when buying an electric car for their kids. Make sure to watch through these, so you can purchase the best car possible:
1. Kid’s age
Not every 24V car is suitable for younger children. Make sure kids at the age of 3 to 6 years old can ride on 12V cars only. Kids between the ages of6 and 9 can go for a faster thrill with the 24Vs!
2. Kid’s weight
Similar to age, a kid’s weight will influence their riding experience. The more potent the voltage of an electric car is, the higher will be the weight limit – but all cars, 12Vs or 24Vs, will always have a maximum weight allowed.
3. Car speed
We have covered this before – a 12V motor runs fast, but not as fast as a 24V toy car. Be attentive to the speed you are exposing your child to, upon considering their age and weight. No need to make your little one run more than they should!
4. Battery life
The batteries of these electric toy cars do not run for long – a 24V car can have its battery run for up to 4hs, before needing to be recharged. This way, your kid can enjoy some riding time without spending too many hours on it, being able to do other activities.
5. Key features
Pay attention if the electric toy car you want to get your kid has a parental remote controller, so you can provide them extra safety. See how many seats and belts it has, and what is the type of breaks. This way, you can provide your child with the best electric toy car option for them.
Which Is Best –12v Or 24v?
Between the two, a 24V car runs faster than a 12V toy car. A 12V electric kids car runs only at 4mph while a 24V electric toy car runs faster reaching up to 7mph.
Giving your kid the chance to drive an electric power wheel is one of the best ways to cherish their childhood memories. A 24V electric car will allow your child to explore the car in different terrains while also enjoying the fun for longer periods of time. Whereas, a 12V electric car (for example, an Audi R8 Spider) gives you a safety limit on speed and control, while continually developing the child’s imagination and motor skills.
Buying an electric toy car is a great choice for those who want to teach their children the basic rules of the road. Plus, you give your kids the chance to enjoy their ride-on car around your yard or park.
Whether you choose a 12V or 24V power wheel, it’s best to think over your child’s needs and experience before purchasing an electric toy car.
With our quick guide, you’ll be on your way to choose the best manner to determine the electric car motor that suits your children best.